Saturday, August 4, 2012

Marathon Training Plan-Week 9 of 16

Week #9
Monday July 30th-Ran 6 Miles 
Last Saturday's Timpanogos Half Marathon PR made my calves as tight as an E string on a violin and I felt like they were going to snap at any moment. Fortunately, after a couple miles of a hiking/running combo it finally eased up and I was able to run a little better.  
  Today I was only scheduled for a 4 mile run but I ran the trails and had a hard time deciding when to turn around and go back to the car.  When I was a little girl I was always so curious about so many things.  Well, today that curiosity in me came out again and I just had to find out where a certain trail ended and so I just kept running to find the end of it.  Big woop-dee-do!  After running all the way across the mountain, it ended at a parking lot.  I know it has to go further on somewhere but I was running out of morning and had to get back.  That will just be a journey for another day.
Tuesday July 31th-Rest Day-Walked 4 Miles  
with my buddy Laurie.  I look forward to these days when I get to walk and talk. Did 100 crunches, 10 sit-ups, and 30 push-ups (women's)


Wednesday August 1st-Ran 7.50 Miles
Ran up and down State Street and in and out of parking lots. As I was heading back home I saw my hubby and son driving down the road on their way to work.  I let out a big holler and waved to them.  Good thing the car window was down or they wouldn't have heard me.  They smiled and waved back at me. 


Thursday August 2nd-Ran 4.50 Miles
Did the same speed work today as the last 3 weeks and was very happy to have accomplished it this week exactly 1 minute faster than last week.

Friday August 3rd-Walked 5 Miles and Mowed for 1 Mile
for a total of 6 Miles.
 
Saturday August 4th-Ran 16 Miles at the Midnight Legacy Half Marathon
Technically most of these miles were run on Friday because the race started at 10:00 pm.  It was a nighttime race, crazy huh?  but I'm recording it on Saturday because there's no way I'm going out to do a long run today after this late night experience.  Didn't get home till 3:00 and after an ice bath and shower and blow dried my hair (can't sleep with a wet head) I didn't get to bed until 4:00 am.  I just may be getting slightly too old for this late night activity.  A race re-cap will be coming soon.  

Sunday August 5th- Day of Rest! and napping will be happening too!!
 Total Running Miles:  34
 Total Walking Miles:  10


0 comments: