Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Eve Virtual 5K

 Amy over at Run Mom Run and Amylee over at Run My Guts Out put a challenge out there in the running blogger world to run a 5K anytime on Christmas Eve day and then post our times and photos.  I thought it sounded like a fun thing to do on a bright, chilly December morning so off I went.
 A new PR for me! But of course going downhill a lot of the distance helped.

 They also told us to submit crazy photos and I thought cartwheels sounded like a fun and crazy thing for a 45 year old woman to do. 
See, I can take a normal picture too, although a little bit sweaty.
My official Participating and Finishing Virtual Medal-Thanks ladies for hosting this.  It was a fun challenge.

5 comments:

Run Mom Run said...

Your photos are hilarious! Way to go on a new PR! Seriously, who gets a PR in a virtual race?

Amylee said...

LOOOOVE! You're the winner of the photo contest- send me your e-mail when you get a chance. Nicoll521@yahoo.com. Way to go on a new 5K PR!

LL said...

YOU AMAZE ME!
And seriously, THAT's how you look after running?! Beautiful.
Loving the cartwheel.

Doran & Jody said...

Great job!!

Jenny Lynn said...

Woooo Hooo! Such awesomeness and you won the photo contest. The cartwheels paid off!