Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kali and Wade are having a..................

On June 29th, I got to go to Kali's ultrasound appointment with her to find out the gender of the baby. She wanted the Dr. to tell me but not her so that her and Wade could find out at the same time. It was so exciting for me to watch the screen and see that precious little baby moving and being so healthy. The Dr. would show all the different parts of the baby and say how everything is looking so good. When it came time to find out the gender Kali looked away and the Dr. typed it on the screen. I wanted to squeal with delight!! But I had to try to keep a straight face so as to not give it away to Kali.

We then went to Home Depot to buy a box and then came back to my house.  Kali painted and chalked on the box while I went to Macey's to buy a dozen balloons.  I had them put inside a large black garbage bag so Kali wouldn't be able to see the color.  When Wade got home from work we headed up to Dry Canyon.  I got my good friend Laurie to come along too because Kali needed two different camera's to be going at the same time.  Laurie also helped me get the balloons from the bag into the bottom of the box.  We taped the top shut and then got the camera's ready. At the last minute I also decided to set my camera on a rock and record it.
And then the magic moment happened.  The count down of 1....2....3.... and they opened the box!!
I love their happy faces!!


And then we watched as the balloons drifted up and over towards Dry Canyon as if to let Porter know too.  When in reality he probably knew before any of us.
I'm just so thrilled they are having a girl.  I can't wait to hold and cuddle a little baby girl, and to kiss her soft little head.  You can bet I'll be buying some pink things too!  What an absolutely perfect day!  I'm so happy I got to be part of the secret in the beginning and the celebration at the end.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was just the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to do that for my kids!

tammy said...

So exciting! I love the way it was announced. Happy for your family!

Julia said...

this is beyond adorable!! and so exciting! congrats to everyone:)

Michael said...

This is so cool. What a fun way to find out!!

ihaverun said...

That is awesome. I have two little girls and they couldn't be more fun. I can't get enough pink!! Congrats to you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Congratulations! So you remember how my daughter also walked the Utah Valey half? Turns out she was 8 weeks pregnant with our first grandchild! She hadn't told her in-laws yet so it was a secret still. I'm secretly hoping for a girl!