Friday, December 24, 2010

My First Christmas in Heaven

Our Family received this very tender poem from a sweet friend tonight.  We read it around the table as we ate our Christmas Eve dinner together. 

Merry Christmas Porter.  We love you forever!!!!!! 

My First Christmas
In Heaven
Angel Globe
I see the countless Christmas trees
around the world below with tiny lights,
like Heavens stars reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please
wipe away the tear, For I am spending
Christmas with Jesus Christ this year. 
I hear the many Christmas songs that
people hold so dear. But the sounds of
music can't compare with the Christmas
Choir up here. 


I have no words to tell you,
the joy the voices bring, for it is beyond
description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.


So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift, from
my heavenly home above. I sent you
each a memory of my undying love.


After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold. It was always most
important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, as
my Father said to do for I can't count
the blessings or love he has for each
of you.


So have a Merry Christmas
and wipe away that tear, Remember I
am spending Christmas with Jesus
Christ this year.

** This poem was written by a 13 year old Ben
to his mother before he died of a brain tumor.
He died in 1997, and that year he spent his
first Christmas with Jesus.

8 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

I trying not to cry,such an amazing poem.

Merry Christmas!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Thinking of you. What a beautiful poem.

xox

Cynthia said...

So sweet! And yet so sad to know that there are MANY Mothers with aching arms this holiday season, my own sister among them. Her 7 year old found a tiny Christmas stocking and hung it up next to everyone else's stockings in remembrance of the older sister she never got to meet. May your family continue to be held and uplifted.

David said...

That poem made me fell kinda funny and teary! Thanks for sharing Aunt Susette

Heatherlyn said...

What a lovely poem! It's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

That poem is so heartwarming. When I read who wrote the poem, it brought a tear to my eye. To view his death in this perspective is a wonderful thought. Thanks for sharing. God bless your family.

Have a blessed day! said...

Amazing poem. I've thought of you a lot lately; with the holidays and your half marathon goal. Praying for your whole family((hugs))

Jackie

Courtney said...

Lovely! Thanks for the offer of cookies. I think it was best that I didn't find any at the time!