Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Photos of Porter

I'm missing my boy, a lot. Especially with the holidays here. Looking at photos seem to fill a little bit of the emptiness I'm feeling. It's very interesting to me as I browse through a lot of old photos I'm noticing Porter in the background of a lot of them. I wouldn't have thought twice about seeing him in them if he were still alive and here with us. I'm so glad I didn't casually delete them. It's amazing how priceless photos become when a loved one has passed away.
November 2006-Out to dinner for Jordan's birthday
Jordan's 17th Birthday
December 2006

Making a gingerbread house at Grandma's house
Kali giving her little brother a tummy squeeze
That's better, everybody is looking and smiling now :)
The whole family together-December 2006
Sweatshirts for the boys from big sister, Kali-December 2006
Porter's Christmas haul-December 2006

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been wondering how you've been. I bet this is such a hard time of year. I hope you will have peace this holiday season.

Doran & Jody said...

Oh my GOSH! Love these pictures!!
Squish to you all!!

Erin said...

Thinking of you. :)

Loralee and the gang... said...

Love the photos - they are so precious....

Heatherlyn said...

He looks so alive in his photos. What a trip. I think they are a great reminder that he is still that alive. Life goes by quickly and you'll be reunited with him soon enough. OF course, I'd still miss him terribly if I were you. But he does still live. That is worth a lot. It makes Christmas that much more poignent. I was teaching my little 6 year-old Sunday school class that we celebrate Christmas because Christ gave his life so that we can live again, to remove the sting of death. I hope that you are able to find comfort in that this season as you miss the presence of your precious son. He was so bright. Still is. I believe that they celebrate Christmas in Heaven, too. That is something you know that you can be doing together this season.

Lara Neves said...

These are such wonderful photos, Susette. What a ray of sunshine he was! I am so thankful for cameras!

Jenny Lynn said...

My heart goes out to you. I am trying to be grateful for all the good things my son is doing right now. While trying to ignore those feelings that I keep getting every time someone announces that their son just got their mission call. Then try to be happy for them.