Sunday, June 6, 2010

Punctuality

In the past few weeks I have been looking all throughout the computer in hopes of finding anything that Porter may have recorded or written etc.  I came across these neat quotes by Marvin J. Ashton and William Shakespeare, but it isn't necessarily something Porter typed and saved.  But it is something that I thought was very much needed in my life, so I printed it out and now have it hanging on my magnet board in the kitchen.  I just wanted to share with you now, and hope it will help if you have challenges with being on time.  I know I do occasionally and thinking about these quotes have helped me.

Punctuality Defined: showing respect for other people and their time. 

William Shakespeare said, "Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."

Marvin J. Ashton-"Being on time to appointments and meetings is a phase of self-discipline and an evidence of self-respect.  Punctuality is a courteous compliment the intelligent person pays to his associates.  Punctuality, or the lack thereof oftentimes is the only introduction one will ever have to new groups and friends.  Serenity and poise are not the companions of those who lack the courtesy and judgment to be on
time."
   
According to a nationwide survey of employers, the most important characteristic to the employer was punctuality.

Happy Sabbath!  I'm off to get ready for church so I may be on time :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts. I think we all need occasional reminders of being punctual. Thanks for sharing.

LL said...

LOVE THOSE!
I am such a believer of ON TIME! sadly I married a "fashionably late" kinda guy.
thanks for sharing those quotes.

Mitch and Cortney said...

Thanks Susette! I needed to read this today!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

LOVE that! Need to hand them to my hubby who teases me about wanting to get to church an hour early. We've gotten there before the prelude music before and he did shoot a few crusties at me, haha! I can't help it! I LOATHE being late! :)

Jenny said...

Nice quotes about being on time. We have a joke about my Hubbies brother, that when he says 10 min he really means 30 min. If he says I am on my way, he has yet to walk out the door. I find that even though we joke about it, we are a like him.

UtahJenny said...

I love what Elder Ashton said ... I never thought of it that way, but it is a compliment to someone when you arrive to something on time - you are telling them that they are important. Love to think of it that way. AND, just for the record, my mission pres engrained the following into me, "If your not 10 minutes early, you're late!" I have been able to live by that rule for the most part! (Oh - yeah - remember me - the one who arrived LATE to that lunch where I met you!! - ha ha)

Heatherlyn said...

I like being early. I don't always make it. But it's definitely a better way to live life!