Sunday, September 14, 2014

Porter's 23rd Birthday

September 13th, 1991, a special day when I delivered a healthy baby boy, my baby.
I love this picture because of the way he is embracing us with his strong, long arms.  So warm!

Tonight we would gather together as a family and just celebrate for him, since he's not here.
I made a chocolate, buttermilk, zucchini, cake which is so moist and delicious.  I look forward to digging into this!
We decided to meet at 7:00 pm at the house and when all the gang arrived we got a photo on the stairway.  Oftentimes in the early years after Porter passed away I would picture him at the top of the stairs where Jordan is sitting just watching me work in the kitchen, and conversing with me because that's what he would do.  I thought a photo of us all on the stairs would be appropriate.
Jordan is dating a cute little gal named Katelyn and she was so worried about hanging out with us for this family event but I was very happy she did.  Her mom insisted on her bringing us balloons and flowers!  How sweet of both of them.
Cooper is also dating a very lovely girl named Kari.  We are anxious and hopeful that marriage will happen soon for them.
We headed off to Wallaby's BBQ for a yummy meal together.  Porter loved to eat, although he was as skinny as a rail it sure didn't show.  We ate plenty for him tonight!

HAPPY, HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY PORTER!  
We love you sweetheart!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this moment with us Susette. I know we are all getting to know Porter a little bit more through you.

Cory Reese said...

I love your pictures and your update. I can't imagine how hard each of those birthdays must be. You continue to be an inspiration.

katie said...

I loved reading this. There isn't a year that goes by that I don't think of Porter on his birthday. I bet he is celebrating right alongside you all.