Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cooper's Birthday

Between this nasty weather and a sore throat and a cough I am pretty worn out with Utah's winters.  As I sit here typing right now I am looking out the window watching the snow continue to fall and according to the weather man it's not letting up for awhile either.  I'm really not much of a complainer.  I consider myself a pretty positive, optimistic type person.  So instead of carrying on about how much I wanted to run an outside 10K race today but didn't get to I'll talk about something more on a personal and happy level and that's my cute boy Cooper.

Cooper is my eldest son and just celebrated his 25th birthday.  Cooper's a sweetheart.  He takes charge and is responsible when we aren't home.  You just know things will be alright at home when he's here.  I enjoy having my boys around still even though they are grown adults and could be out on their own.  The house would just be too quiet if they moved away.  I know the day is coming when that will happen but for now I'm holding on as long as I can.

Cooper wanted to go to a place called DP Cheesesteaks for dinner. I had never been before but the other family members had and guaranteed I would like it. I'll admit it was pretty delicious.

Little Miles made "Uncle Coo-Ker" a card with all kinds of scribbles on it that were pictures he had drawn.  Kali labeled everything so we would know what it was.  Pretty cute. 
Little Miss Harper is always the center of attention.  She's such a little princess.
"Uncle Jo-Jo" was doing a little bonding or flirting with the little princess. 
After dinner we came back to the house for a little cake and ice cream.  Cooper's GF Brittany made a red velvet cake with pudding, cool whip, and crushed oreos!  Wow what a nice treat!
Happy Birthday Cooper Dear!

3 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

What a fun day! The best days are always family filled. And wow, that cake sounds amazing!

Cory Reese said...

As I've mentioned before, I'm jealous of that big Grizzly Adams beard.

I also am sick of winter. I am sick of the inescapable sickness that everyone and their dog in Utah has. Hope you get feeling better.

Doran & Jody said...

Happy Birthday Coop!