Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Baker's Dozen Half Marathon

This should be a good one! 
The Baker's Dozen Half Marathon is your opportunity to combine some of the best things in life: 
1) Friends, 2) Running, and 3) Sugar!

The Baker's Dozen is a social, fun event where runners race a 3.25 mile loop course allowing them to interact with other runners during the whole race. Half marathoners will run the loop four times and have the incredible fortune of passing the aid station (affectionately known as the "Sugar Shack") at the end of every loop. 5k runners will only get to run the loop once.

Half marathon runners will receive an AMAZING finisher's medal. But.....you have to earn it. Not only do you run 13 miles, but to earn a medal you must also consume a treat each time you pass the Sugar Station 
(3 times total). Volunteers will verify your gluttony, so don't register for the race if you don't plan to eat some calories.

The Sugar Station will include all the foods you would expect to find in heaven including donuts, cupcakes, cookies, and Twinkies. So let the training begin! (And by "training" we mean "Bring on the maple bars!")


So are you in?  I plan to head down to the lovely Southern Utah area and run this one myself.   I hope to see you there!!

4 comments:

Cory Reese said...

YES! I'm so glad you are coming! If you're going to be down for a day or two before/after the race and want to go to check out some trails let me know!

Anonymous said...

I'm in! It's sad that this might be the last race Cory does that has Hostess products if all the things I read about them ae correct. Maybe Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes will make up for it!!

Heatherlyn said...

That sounds like fun, actually. :)

Yo Momma Runs said...

So what exactly is a maple bar, and why have I never heard of them until this month? This is my second maple bar reference siting this month, and I still haven't figured out what they are?

Are you running this one? We are having something similar here, but I just don't think I could pull off the eating and running hard. I can barely choke down gels sometimes.:)