Sunday, January 1, 2012

Brand New Year- Running Goals for 2012

With 2011 gone and having learned and experienced a few things with my new found interest (not love yet) with running, it's time to make some goals for 2012.  Last year I didn't have any goals other than to see if I could run at all and then to try a half marathon that my daughter challenged me to do.   So I want to set some challenging yet reachable goals for me to stretch and grow this year thus hopefully leading me to participate in a full marathon some day.
(maybe a goal for 2013)


Goal #1-Log more mileage in 2012 than last years 551 miles.  I'm shooting for 720 miles, which calculates to 60 miles a month, 15 miles a week. (yikes) I will post my monthly totals on the sidebar.


Goal #2-Enter and participate in at least 1 race every month from January to December.  This can be anything from a 5K to a half marathon. I already have a few in mind for the first three months.


That's it for now, which is plenty for this heart and body to work on.

Here we go 2012!! 
Picture from New Year's Revolution Run which I'll be posting about soon.

2 comments:

Cory Reese said...

These are awesome and challenging goals! I think you can totally achieve them.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the Revolution Run!

Alana said...

holy cow woman! good for you i love your goals. i wish i could do that this year! maybe next when i dont have a human growing inside me taking all my energy.