Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Still Missing This Boy-2 Months

Mom, Porter, Jordan at Thanksgiving Gardens 2009
Today as I was teaching piano in another room I glanced into the kitchen and saw my oldest son, Cooper, standing at the kitchen table.  I couldn't see his face.  He was dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans, Porter's favorite attire.  My heart skipped a beat and for a small moment in time I thought Porter was here with us.  Of course it wasn't real and I had to sit back a moment and take a conscious, full, slow, breath.  My heartache lingered for a few moments as I sat there wishing Porter was home again, this physical home, not his eternal home.  I love you Porter♥

13 comments:

Sherrie Shepherd Piano Music said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. I'm thinking of you.

p.s. I didn't realize you taught piano. What's awesome!

Sher said...

Oops, I meant to be signed in as Sher. Oh well.

the weisenburger life said...

He is still in our hearts and you are always in my prayers!

Have a blessed day! said...

Thinking of you alot lately, especially today. It amazes me that as young as Porter was, how MUCH he was LOVED by so MANY. And how he continues to touch the lives of so many, through you and Kali especially.

Hugs from KC,
Jackie

Unknown said...

I imagine that will happen for a very long time. I'm so sorry you have to suffer with his loss.

LL said...

i can't imagine~
you are an amazing lady. That picture of you with your boys is beautiful.
xoxo

Brenda said...

What a beautiful picture.

I remember feeling those same feelings with the loss of my Mother. I was making a baby quilt for my baby. I felt her close to me in my room patting me on my shoulder like she was reassuring me that my quilt looked ok.

My heart aches for you. Hugs and best wishes to you.

alpinekleins said...

I'm sure your days and life must be full of poignant reminders - sigh . . . it must be bittersweet, I can only imagine. Still in my thoughts. ((hugs))

Kristin

Launi said...

We love you so much Susette. I'm so sorry I missed your messages. It's because I don't know how to do the text thing--like at all. I never even knew I had a message. Lyndi had to tell me--do you want to do the movie this weekend?
I'm soooo sorry.

:?

Alyson | New England Living said...

I'm so sorry. The heartache must be unbearable. I hope you get your moments of peace as well. xx

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I think about you often. I just love your posts. You are so strong!!!!

Heatherlyn said...

Your sons look a lot alike! The reunion on the other side will be very sweet for you someday!

*LyndiLou* said...

He'll always be around... to comfort you when you have feelings like that. :)