Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My New Blog Title

As the days go by and I often find myself  in quiet moments reflecting about Porter, I keep going back to what this life is really all about.  What is my purpose here personally?  What relationships have I formed?  What have I done for my fellowman?  What is most important in this life to accomplish while here with our mortal body?    I drive down the street and nothing seems to matter- the stores, the gas stations, the restaurants, running errands, cars, the everyday hum-drum, etc.  It's all just stuff.  My perspective has changed so much.  Life just feels so different now.

I appreciate and love my daughter so much.  She decided to help me with a little refreshing uplift of my blog.  I was chatting with her about the old title of my blog and how I felt like it should say "All Good Things Come...To An End".  She said it sounded depressing.  I was partly teasing with her of course but we tossed around the idea of a new title and have come up with the one you see in the heading, "You'll Always Have My Heart"  A friend gave me a beautiful statue titled Heart of Gold, when Porter passed away.  The caption on it reads "You'll Always Have My Heart" and instantly I cried.  I knew this was to be my new blog title.  Each one of my children hold a special place in my heart.


***ATTENTION!***
In the course of my daughter rearranging and playing with my blog background, she deleted all my friends! THE NERVE! (this is Kali) If you were lost along the way, please leave a comment with your blog so my dear, sweet momma can find you!***

20 comments:

LyndiLou said...

The new blog looks lovely and I'm a huge fan of the name... you both did great! Lots of love and hugs and prayers... all for you!

LL said...

LOVE the name.
I have always related to the saying about "our children are our hearts outside of our body"
Beautiful.

Have a blessed day! said...

You could not have found a more perfect title!

Erin said...

The picture at the top is beautiful, and I love the peaceful background color. What a beautiful blog name too.

Jillene said...

I think that the title is perfect and beautiful. I love the family picture too.

Shauna said...

Love the new look and name! I love you too my precious friend! ♥ HUGS ♥

heather said...

I thought about you quite a lot during conference. There seemed to be a number of stories about people who lose their loved ones, specifically their children.
I just can't imagine.

I have three dear friends who all had to say goodbye to their babies. I've seen the Savior pick them up & carry them until they could balance on their feet again.
I know you're being held, but I'm still thinking of you.

Jacki said...

love the new blog name and background!

Jillian said...

I went through a few blog title changes a while ago too. I never would have thought, but it feels wonderful when it finally fits perfectly. Kudos to you for allowing yourself to adjust as your heart needs. That alone will bring more SONshine and Spirit into your re-focused purpose.

What a good example you are my friend :) Kali too :)

tiki_lady said...

what a beautiful gift and I love the new title and the new look! Kali and you have such a wonderful relationship! I hope that my daughters and I can have such a close relationship as well!

Doran & Jody said...

I really like your new title Momma and I'm glad that you did not lose me on the sidebar.

{Brittany} said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I found your blog through Mormon Mommy Blogs. Your story has touched my heart. I have three young boys. I can't imagine having to bury one of them. Please know that your tragedy has changed my life. I plan to hug my little babies much tighter tonight. I'm sorry you don't have yours, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Scott and Kristy said...

I love your new blog and the Family Picture, it's priceless. Something you'll treasure forever. Hey are you having fun in Boston?

Annette Lyon said...

Love the new look--and the new title.

Stacey said...

I absolutely love that statue! Those Willow Tree statues are awesome! I love your new title, it's wonderful! Love you!

Brenda said...

I LOVE your new title! It's heartfelt. My heart cries for you.
Thanks for your sweet words and putting life into proper persepective of what really matters. You have a beautiful family. I only know you through your blog, but I feel a connection. Sending you hugs and warm wishes. Thank you!

Sher said...

I LOVE the new title. It's beautiful. And it says it all, doesn't it?!

You are amazing.

Courtney said...

Love the new title and your lovely blog.

Jenny said...

I love the new look & title! I moved my blog & don't see my link on your side bar any more...although that doesn't mean you have to fallow me!
Here is the new link, just in case:

http://jfavorites.blogspot.com/

kate said...

I do love your blog. You are so great. If you are in southern Utah let me know and I will take you to lunch.