Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dreams

I finally had my first dream about Porter on Sunday evening since his passing.  Other family members have had their dreams and others are still waiting too.  So, I was very happy to finally see him in my dream.  He was wearing a maroon-striped polo shirt.  I couldn't see his face very clearly but it was him.  He put his hand gently on my shoulder and simply said "I'm okay mom".  Then it was over.  I woke up and just lay there crying and thinking about my son.

My older son Cooper, dreamed a couple weeks after Porter's death that he had asked him if he had felt any pain as he slipped and fell off that cliff?  Porter told him he didn't feel anything because he was actually watching himself fall.  He had already left his body.  Our family has felt a lot of comfort in that dream knowing he felt no pain.

My daughter dreamed that Porter came back to earth and was alive again.  She said he was upset and asked her "Why did you make me come back?  I was happy?"

Porter's cousin, Mercedes shared with us that on the night of the funeral she saw Porter dressed in white standing with 6 other figures dressed in white too.  She said Porter had on one of those grins she had heard so much about.  He was showing her the other people he was with.  She couldn't see their faces but she could see that Porter was happy.

Another cousin, Stacey's husband said while singing the closing hymn at Porter's funeral had a thought of Porter dressed in a white suit sitting in the temple and it made him cry.

I truly believe Porter is happy.  I only wish we could feel his same happiness.  I know there is a long healing process, and the holes in our hearts may never close up completely but we have peace and comfort in our Father's plan.

I love you Porter♥

22 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Truly grateful you had your dream. What a gift.

Rachel said...

Thank you for sharing this. It brought some comfort to me as well.

Have a blessed day! said...

It amazes me how each of the dreams are different; yet they are intended for everyone. Comfort can be found in the message in every single dream you guys have of him.

I truly believe with you, he IS happy.

((hugs))
Jackie

LyndiLou said...

How sweet of you to share this with us. He's closer than you think, I'm sure of it! :)

*hugs*

LL said...

I had chills as I read each one of those dreams. I'm so glad he was able to tell you that he was "okay"
SO sweet!

Heatherlyn said...

Thank you for sharing this. I hope that you have more dreams that heal. I think you said it well when you said that it would be nice to have some of the happiness that you believe he has now. I hope that at some point that comes for you. I hope sooner than later. But I think we always miss the person to some extent until we are with them again and it is really normal to feel sorrow mixed with other joys in life.

Unknown said...

I know those dreams can be very reassuring, I only wish they could ease the pain of him really being gone too. My prayers are with you.

Lara Neves said...

I am so glad that these dreams have been there to comfort you and your family. The Lord certainly gives us tender mercies doesn't He?

Scott and Kristy said...

I truly believe that Porter is happy and at peace, and one day we will see him again and it will be an awesome reunion...

Kimberly said...

What a comforting experience. I hope it helps to heal those wounds in some way.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I hope all of your dreams of Porter will be sweet ones - happy memories, where he is now, who he's with. And I hope those dreams will bring you comfort.
Chin up.

Jacki said...

I hope the dreams that you are having about Porter are helping you heal and feel comfort.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Kate said...

I am so glad that you have been able to dream and find some comfort in that. One thing that can never be taken from us is our memories and I know you have many of those. I loved this post.

the weisenburger life said...

I have loved the last couple of posts of sweet Porter and sharing your memories. Thanks for healing our hearts with your tender feelings and honesty.

CB said...

What a great blessing your dream and all the other dreams are.
Nice to know that he is OK and happy.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

Eldredge Family said...

Hi, My name is Crystal Eldredge. I found your blog on Lara's blog. I have typed many comments but I always feel that my words are never good enough...I guess because I know that their really are no words that take the pain away...
I am a fellow Angel Mother...it makes me so sad to see and hear that another Mother, Brother, Sister, Father, and family has to join this club of grief. You wish you where the only member because it hurts so badly yet, you find comfort in knowing that you are not alone.
I am thrilled to hear that your family has had so many amazing experiences with your Son. I hope and pray that you will have many more to come that will bring you the peace and comfort that you need.
I have 2 blogs...
spencer-crystal5.blogspot.com
sagelawrenceeldredge.blogspot.com

Just want you to know I am here and thinking about you and your family.
Hugs and Loves,
Crystal

Launi said...

How compassionate and kind our Heavenly Father is to send so many gifts to soothe a mother's grieving heart. I pray every night for the Millennium to come so that we can all be together and never know this pain again. Thank you for sharing this with us.
I love you.

Devri said...

Wow So amazing how the Lord works. I loved this post and it brought many of my memories of this same type of thing come out. I thank you for that. You are truly an amazing person yourself. stay strong and live the memories :)

alpinekleins said...

I've had a few meaningful dreams that have seemed so real - and usually I don't remember dreams at all - they can be so comforting sometimes.

Kristin

tammy said...

What tender mercies!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What a blessing for you! And your son's dream, WOW! Amazing, such a comfort to you all!

Jenny said...

very tender of you to share these dreams.