Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recent Running Reads

With the onset of colder weather I have become somewhat of a wimp in getting outside to run.  For some reason reading stories of other people's challenges in running with their triumphs and victories makes me WANT to get out there and run, but so far it hasn't happened.  I think I need to sign up for another race to motivate me again. I'm thinking a marathon may be in the thought process for next year?? We'll see.  I still get out there and hit the gym and also walk with my good buddy Laurie three times a week, but running has taken a back seat.  I know it's only temporary but for now I'm enjoying the break.
Speaking of Laurie, she's amazing.  She's a friend to the end! She knows everything about me yet still accepts me and all my flaws.  We have been walking partners for so many years I can't count them.  She also keeps a great pace which is challenging to keep up with yet good for me at the same time.  I think I have slowed down my walking pace since taking on running this year.  I'm not quite understanding that myself but I appreciate her patience in having to slow up a little bit for me.  Thanks Laurie, love you!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am so glad you've got a great friend and partner to walk with, it makes the miles pass faster!

Jenny Lynn said...

It is good to have close friends who accept ya no matter what. It also helps that they live close by.

Doran & Jody said...

At least you are still moving.
Keep on her Laurie!