Monday, August 30, 2010

Pebbles and the Geranium

Two reasons I love this photo.  The first being that Porter loved this cat more than anyone in the family.  He would hold her, kiss her, pet her, and treat her so kindly.  Recently, when I was away at girls camp in June, my husband turned Pebbles into an outside cat.  I was so sad when I arrived home and he gave me the news.  But after a couple of weeks of having her outside I realized it was very good thing.  I don't have to buy multi-packs of cat roller brushes, and our furniture isn't white anymore.

The second reason I love this photo is the geranium in the pot behind the cat was grown by Porter.  He nurtured it and raised it from a very tiny plant using hydroponics.  Porter worked a very part-time job for an elderly gentleman that loves experimenting with plants and seeds.  A couple of months ago, George, the man Porter worked for, was throwing out a lot of his experiments and I saw this plant in the garbage. (I work for George too, assembling science kits)  I knew Porter had been taking care of it and so I asked him if I could take it home and plant it.  George was more than thrilled to let me take it.  I was so happy after transplanting it and taking care of it, watching it flourish and thrive.  Porter would have been pleased too.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the cat AND the geranium! If you bring the geranium in the house for the winter, it will perennial for MANY years. Keep it in a sunny window as a houseplant and you'll be able to keep it growing and thriving for a LONG time.

I'm glad you posted as I was thinking about your family last night. We did a balloon release for my niece Savannah's birthday at the cemetery. It's been 8 years for my sister and it is so hard to think about what might have been. I am so very sorry you've been called to bear and unthinkable trial and yet so inspired by how you feel him around you in so many simple things.

Doran & Jody said...

Ah...Pebbles.
Just the other day Lexi was being a kook and I was going to video her and send it to...? I didn't know who? I almost sent it to Porter's phone.

Miss you!
When is it hiking time?

Beth at Aunties said...

Pebbles is a beautiful cat! I love the sweet mercies Heavenly Father blesses us with.
I am glad you have the geranium which has a pretty vibrant color and is so also beautiful. I ahve kept geraniums year after year in our garage. We just water it during the winter months and they are are good to go in the spring. My mom brings hers into her kitchen and enjoys the blossoms during the winter months too.
I am glad you will be able to enjoy it for years to come as anothe gift from Porter..
I too am so sorry Susette that this tragic accident happened to Porter and to your family. I think of you often and say a silent prayer for you.
A tender hug, Beth~♥

Beth at Aunties said...

I put your name in the temple tonight.~♥