Saturday, May 29, 2010

Porter's Profile Picture and Song

This photo makes me laugh. This is just one of Porter's many quirky and funny ways he made us smile around here.  He was such a goof!  To my recollection, he was trying to get a photo of himself for his myspace profile picture, and this was what he came up with. He later decided myspace was a waste of time and deleted his account. He had just gotten into facebook the last 6 months or so, which I'm so grateful he did! It's such a treasure to go to his wall and read the tender comments that people are still leaving for him.
Porter, I still hope you get to play music in heaven.  Daddy burned a cd of the song you wrote and recorded right before you passed away.  There are two versions of the same song on the cd. I have it in the car that you and I shared and it plays over and over whenever I am out and about. I will never tire of listening to these.  The first song is of you playing all the instrumental with your friend, Brett, singing.  The other is just you playing AND singing.  That one is my favorite because it's all YOU!  I love your voice and was so thrilled when Brett emailed us the recording of just you singing because you didn't sing much on your own.  It was like a gift from heaven!

Bad Weather 
written by Porter Fisher and Brett Mcneill

Where do I go from here 
I can't believe what I've done
 Taste of angry words seared onto my tongue

It's not your fault
Don't turn away my simple pain

I put crazy on me, but it's not my best color
And if you're waiting on me I hope you're dressed for bad weather
I wasted one chance that turned into ten
Now I face the consequence of living inside my head

I don't know where to turn
I feel lost without you
I'll always fear the burn playin' the fool

It's much too hard
I won't pretend it's not
The feeling's lost

I put crazy on me, but it's not my best color
And if you're waiting on me, I hope you're dressed for bad weather
I wasted one chance that turned into ten
Now I face the consequence of living inside my head

I love you Porter♥


5 comments:

LL said...

love the picture--makes me smile.

Jenny said...

I like the words, would love to hear the song.

Facebook does have some benefits!

UtahJenny said...

What a great photo ... you and your family remain in my heart - bless you all.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh that is such a great picture of him! Just shows he was so confident!

Jacki said...

what a great picture!