Thursday, January 19, 2012

27th Anniversary, St, George Half Marathon and A Blog Book

Yesterday me and my hubby celebrated our 27th anniversary.  We had a swell day.  He took the day off of work and went to the dentist to get a cavity filled while I went on a run/walk with my buddy Laurie.  Then we headed off to the temple to fill our spiritual souls. Later that night we had a couple errands to run and then Mark said he wanted to take a little trip down memory lane and it wouldn't cost much.  As soon as he said that I figured out what we were doing.  You see, back in the 80's when Ms. Pac Man was the rage and him and I would go on dates together, somehow we always ended up playing that silly game at some point during the date.  We would put 2 quarters in the machine and play for EVER.  So he had called around town and found a place that actually had a Ms. Pac Man machine and we went and played that silly machine again 27 years later.  I have to say I still got the moves and can put up a pretty mean high score on that game.  After an hour or so at the arcade we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and enjoyed the food, as always.  That restaurant sure knows how to do ribs!  I have a cute husband and really enjoyed our day together.

This Saturday I'm running the St. George Half Marathon and looking forward to heading South for hopefully some warmer weather. Kali and Wade are going with us as well and she will be running the 5K.  She just started running and signed up for the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June and she thought it would be fun to run the 5K in St George.  I'm not sure if we will get to run together or not but I'm just super thrilled she has started her own training and will be running.  Someday, somehow I will get me a running companion.  

I have been working around the clock on a super cool project!  Lately I've been just a teensy bit worried about my blog getting lost in blogosphere and I would be so devastated if it got erased or deleted.  Especially all of my thoughts and posts about when Porter passed away.  So I decided it's time to do something about that.  A couple of  friends have actually had their blogs put into a book and I've seen and held one of them and was so amazed at the outcome.  I researched a few different websites and decided to use blurb.  I liked the option of making a book that's 12 x12 and having the option of  upgrading to a premium paper.  The blurb people actually sent me a code so I could get 25% off my final project if completed by the end of January.  Well, I'm happy to say after a few nights of heading to bed at 1:30 and 2:00 a.m. my book is done!! It's ordered and should arrive in about 10 days. I'm so excited to see it in print.  Now the only problem is that I have 3 more years of blog books to do.  I only created the blog book for 2008.  So I guess you could say I'm not really done yet.  But I will do it a little at a time and get er done.

6 comments:

tammy said...

Happy Anniversary! I think that is cute how you spent the day.

Jerilee E. said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great day :).
Yay for the St. George Half! I just looked at the weather and it says it's going to be rainy and windy down there. Should be a fun race. I was hoping for a little warmth, too!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Happy Anniversary! And I love the memories - make new ones from the old! So cool...like you

Loralee and the gang... said...

...and congrats on finishing the Ironman Challenge! Nine days, Wow!

Momma Twitch said...

I hope all went well on your race today! I thought about doing the STG 1/2, but I was too late to register. Happy Anniversary!

Doran & Jody said...

Happy Anniversary!
Great Run! Wish I was well and down closer. I would be your running buddy.
I can't wait til your book comes! You are going to LOVE it!!