Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Porter's Temple Work

Art work by our good friend, Aaron Bristow
I absolutely love this piece he did and have a copy of it displayed in my home.
We are so excited to be able to get Porter's temple work done soon. We have gathered the necesssary items and will be attending a morning session at the Timpanogos Temple on Saturday July 31st.  Any family members or friends, who are current temple recommend holders, who would like to attend the session with us are more than welcome. (We haven't decided on the time yet) Porter loved people and knew how to make them feel comfortable and smile.  We would feel honored to have his loved ones around for this special occasion.
I'm sure Porter is thrilled and anxiously awaiting for us to gather together in his behalf and have this special, sacred ordinance performed for him.  I'm so happy that we don't have to wait a full year to get this done for him. 
Usually there is a waiting period after a person has died before their temple work can be performed, but Porter's situation was a special circumstance because he was already a worthy member preparing to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and would have been 19 in a few months.  We talked personally to the Temple Recorder and he told us that all we needed to bring to the temple with us is the Bishop's recommendation letter and a family pedigree chart, which we have in hand and are ready to go.
 
 I love you Porter♥

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. What a special thing for you and your family!

Audrey said...

What a happy day! I remember with perfect clarity the day we did BJ's temple work. I think getting his work done was a huge step in the healing process - and know that he was anxious to get it done! Sometime, if you would like to hear, I will tell you about my experience. In the meantime - savor this! It is definitely a wonderful time.

Jillian said...

What a blessing! So glad that you didn't have to wait a year. I know what a wait that can be anyhow (still waiting myself) but I know he must be even more anxious for it all now. This is so wonderful!

the weisenburger life said...

It would mean so much to me if I could attend. Please let me know what time!

Heatherlyn said...

I hope this is a wonderful experience for you. I would be looking forward to it if I were in you position. I bet it is really good. It is one of the comforts that we believe that life continues, Porter is still there and you can be reunited after a period of time. It doesn't take away how much you miss him but it can help you to feel him even now. :)

tammy said...

What a happy day this will be for your family!

Beth at Aunties said...

This brought sweet tears to my eyes. I am happy for you, your family and Porter that you will be together in the house of the Lord for this special event.
I am sending you a gentle hug this evening.

CB said...

This brings tears to my eyes. What a beautiful day this will be for your entire family! I can imagine Porter in the Temple with all of you and a very happy smile on his face.

LL said...

What an amazing day for you and your family.
It's nice to have something so special to look forward to, after all the heartache.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

What an awesome experience! I bet that will be a very tender moment!

Jenny said...

How wonderful for you and everyone the whole family!

LyndiLou said...

OHHHH... SOOO awesome!!! I LOVE that you don't have to wait that long. What a special experience that will be. He'll be right there with you all, I'm sure of it!

Kate said...

Ok, and I am now crying. I am so happy for you and your family. The temple is such a beautiful wonderful place. I am so glad that you don't have to wait. The 31st will be a very special day, forever. I love the picture that you have on this post of the temple.

Cynthia said...

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about your family this morning. May you have an amazing temple experience this morning!