Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Number One Fan

Mark has always been my biggest support with this new-found love of running.  He has been to my races and cheered me on.  He will hop on his bike and go with me on Saturday mornings when I have to do a long run.  He carries the powerade, water, and oranges for me so I can be re-engergized with fuel at any given moment. He doesn't mind that signing up for races means spending money, and sometimes it means going out of town as well thus having to pay for a motel.
Well, he has run a little bit here and there on the treadmill but never going over about 3 miles.  Today he surprised me and said he wanted to go running with me.  My original plan was about 7 miles but I opted to shorten it so we could go together.  I'm so proud of him.  He kept going like the energizer bunny and we made it 5 miles together, going around the loop that I like to call the cemetery loop.  We get to pass right by Porter's grave.  It's the hardest part of the run, not just because Porter is buried there but because it's a pretty steep hill we have to climb. I just think about my boy and sometimes look over and wave as I'm climbing that hill and that carries me to the top everytime.  Then it's all down hill from there to home.
Way to go hubby!!!  I hope to do this again :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so wonderful! It sounds like you may just be the inspiration to your husband! :)

Doran & Jody said...

Don't ya just LOVE running with your best friend?! I can't wait to get running again. Now it might be a little longer. :(

LL said...

AWESOME!
You guys sound like a pretty great team!

alpinekleins said...

Wow! Way to go - you are a wonderful example, keep it up girl :D

Kristin