Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ask for the Future

Porter belonged to a local band named "Ask for the Future". They are playing a show on May 21st
in Salt Lake.  Mark and I will be attending. Sadly, this being our first show.

You see... I never attended any of the gigs Porter played in, maybe because I heard him practice here at home so much I practically knew all the songs by heart already and I loved them.  Why attend a show when I got a free one at home daily?

I will go and enjoy all the music I hear and it will be familiar to me.  I'm sure I will cry as I picture Porter up on stage with his band members.  Who knows....maybe Porter will attend with us too.

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh Suzette! I am so glad you are going. What a wonderful son you have, forever. All those little pieces of wonderful that make up a single human being are each noticed and missed when they leave us behind. Keep holding on. We're here for you.

Have a blessed day! said...

Wish I could be there with you! I know Porter will be there...singing all the words along with you.

Lara Neves said...

I'll bet he'll be there with you! I'm glad you're going too.

(hugs)

Loralee and the gang... said...

I hope you feel Porter's spirit with you as you listen to the songs that you both loved so much! Music is such a bonding experience, that I can't imagine it not carrying over into Eternity.

Jacki said...

i am glad you are able to go. porter will be there with you for sure, singing and smiling.

LyndiLou said...

I bet this will be emotional... but great too! I hope you enjoy yourself. Close your eyes, sing along and just relax. :)

That day is my Anniversary! I'll think of you guys!

Jenny said...

I am sure he will be there. So glad you are going, even though it could be emotionally hard. It is the brave thing to do.

the weisenburger life said...

Sweet Sarah and I will be there too crying with you and missing Porter. One of Sarah's biggest regrets is that she didn't attend one of his concerts either. This will be an opportunity for her to show him that she cares. I think no matter how much time passes, he will always be right there in our hearts, as I am sure he will be in yours. Love you.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is so awesome you are going! I'm sure they miss Porter so much too. Have fun and I love your posts!