Saturday, September 8, 2012

Marathon Training Plan-Week 14 of 16

Week #14
Monday September 3rd Happy Labor Day!-Ran 6.50 Miles + Ran 2.75 and Walked 3.25 on a separate excursion. Total Miles Ran 9.25 Miles/Total Walked 3.25
I started out my morning run in Corner Canyon on the Draper Trails.  Cory and his brother Kenny were in town so I ran with them.  Always a delight to run with other people. We got in 6.50 miles.  I just didn't quite get my fill of being out there in the hills so after I got home and had a bowl of oatmeal and peaches with cinnamon and honey I headed out again.  This time I traveled to Provo Canyon and ran the Big Springs Trail.  With it being Labor Day there were a lot of people out and about and I felt totally safe.  I hiked good and strong for 2.75 miles with quite a steep ascent with not much desire for running uphill for that far and then turned around and ran back, then walked an additional .50 mile for a total of 6.00 miles in Provo Canyon. 
Tuesday September 4th-Rest Day Walked 4.25 Miles
with stalwart Laurie.

Wednesday September 5th-Ran 8 Miles
This was a challenge for me today.  I slept in and kept procrastinating getting out the door.  I wasn't planning to head to any trails where I love to be and was mentally just trying to gear up for a road run.  As a last minute thought I texted a new running friend that just lives up the street from me and she was more than happy to head out with me, even though she had already run 3 1/2 miles earlier this morning.   We met up and ran a few miles together and then I ran her home and then finished up 3 more miles on my own.  I was so grateful for her this morning. Thanks a billion Jeanne!! You saved my run today!!
  Thursday September 6th-Ran 9.25 Miles in Draper Trails.  
I started out with Elise from my Runner's Anonymous group and got in almost 3 miles and then she had to get home so I drove to a different trailhead and did some exploring of other trails in the area I hadn't been on yet.  It was so fun to see where some of the side trails led to and how everything is connected all over that mountain.  I saw a porcupine waddling down the trail which was pretty funny looking.  I kept my distance though.  I also saw a couple of deer and a chipmunk. I think I pretty much have these trails figured out now and shouldn't get lost anymore.  (not that I really did but I have been confused up there at times)  It also helps to carry a map in my pocket.
 

Friday September 7th-Rest Day Walked 4.25 Miles
I really look forward to my Tuesday and Friday walks with Laurie.  My body just really needs that break from running and I enjoy the good hour we have together to just visit while we get it done. 


Saturday September 8th-Ran the Mount Nebo Half Marathon-13 Miles
I was so happy to get to go to a race and NOT have to add on more mileage either before or after the race.  I'm in taper mode and so running this half marathon meant I actually got more miles than needed today!  Wahoo!  It was a beautiful downhill course and I got a brand new PR!  1:57:49. So happy this morning! Race recap coming soon:)

  Sunday September 9th-Day of Rest!!
Total Running Miles: 39.50
 Total Walking Miles:  11.75

5 comments:

Jen@runfortheboys said...

Congrats on your Half PR!!! That is AWESOME! And you are going to OWN your marathon in two weeks...I can't wait to read all about it!!!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT TIME! You went under 2 hours! Pretty Exciting, and after the Bear Lake Monster. You definatelyare AMAZING. Hope to "run" into you soon.

Cory Reese said...

I can't believe how speedy you were on the trails after just doing 20 a few days before! I had a good time.

Looking forward to hearing about Nebo!

Julia said...

you are dominating the running lately friend! im so excited for your PR! absolutely well earned! all the miles and trail time are making you so strong and speedy i am sure!!!!

Laser Tysons Corner VA said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.