Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Utah Olympic Oval Race-Call Me Crazy

I just signed up to go around and around and around a track at the Utah Olympic Oval on Saturday December 31st for 4 hours from 8:00 am-12:00 noon.(www.newyearsrevolutionrun.com)  It should be entertaining to some degree.  The whole idea is to finish off your year strong with trying to accomplish a race you haven't done yet or by trying to better your time in a certain distance.  You can walk, run, meander, whatever you'd like for 4 hours. You get points for each lap around the track and get your name entered into an hourly drawing. This race is supporting the Utah Food Bank and the Autism Council of Utah and so bringing canned food gives bonus points.  So far I haven't been able to get any friends to join  me so I may be going solo on this.  I really need to find me some running buddies.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I could join you. But I think it's a great idea! Have fun!

Loralee and the gang... said...

I wish I could come and join you. I sounds like an awesome event! But it's a little far for me to travel. It would be fun to organize something like that here, though...

Michael said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

That's an interesting race idea...just do whatever you can do in an allotted amount of time. Have a good time!

Doran & Jody said...

So sorry we are not running with you. Good luck!!

Just SO said...

What a cool idea! Good luck!

Mom of 12 said...

Good luck with that! I'm not a runner (unless I am bouncing a basketball), but I do have a son with Autism.
Sandy

Jenny Lynn said...

Gosh, if I had known sooner I would have joined you. Anything for Autism. Since my youngest has it! The fact that I could have just walked fits me perfect.

Looking forward to hearing how you did.

Happy New Year!