Friday, December 23, 2011

Oops I Did it Again!

I am a fairly new runner with one year under my belt.  It was exactly a year ago that my daughter challenged me to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon and so I decided to take that challenge on and signed up.  I started running on a treadmill at the gym and then slowly worked my way to outside as the weather warmed up.

2011 consisted of me running a 5K, Utah Valley Half Marathon, Top of Utah Half Marathon, and a 10K and I thoroughly enjoyed every race.  As I now think about 2012 I'm trying to figure out what goals to make and which races to run.  I'm even contemplating a full marathon but not sure if my body is ready for that kind of commitment yet.  My heart is saying "go, go, go for it" but I'm afraid of challenging myself too much right now.

Me running my first half-Utah Valley                                My second half-Top of Utah
Well, with that being said I went ahead and signed up for the Utah Valley Half Marathon on June 9th, 2012.  Anybody want to join me?

4 comments:

CB said...

First of all GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Way to go.
You are such a great example to me.

Second, I would totally run this with you if I could run. That is one of my goals this year.

CB said...

P.S. Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

I really should get myself motivated and do it!

LL said...

I think the world of you!