Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Uh Oh....What Am I In For?


Ok, so I signed up for the Utah Valley Half Marathon which will be happening in June and have been training somewhat.  The intense part of my training starts on April 4th, in which I will follow a very rigid schedule that tells me how far to run and on which days.  Up to this point I have just been working on being able to run straight for 30 minutes.  I'm not going to lie.  It's been no walk in the park.  It's been challenging.  I have enjoyed it for the most part.  I do love a good work-out.  So I'm a little nervous about how I will hold up once my schedule begins.  I'm taking my vitamins and getting good rest and drinking lots of water. My knees are holding up super.  So I think things are going alright.  Well....along comes me and my big ideas.  How come I can't just be content with running one half marathon?  I have never run one and I don't even know if I'm going to hate it or love it?? I went right ahead and signed up for a second one at the end of the Summer with my good friend Jody.  This one is called the Top of Utah Half Marathon and looks very inviting.  I hope I didn't just make a huge mistake.  

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You can do it!!!

alpinekleins said...

Great idea! Keep thinking positive, sounds like you're already making tons of progress. Way to go!

Kristin

LL said...

YOU SERIOUS ROCK!!!!