Thursday, February 10, 2011

Progress

It's a little blurry but you get the idea. A couple of people have asked how my half marathon training is going and I just thought I would give a little update.

IT'S HARD!! 

I knew it would be, but I have always wanted to do this and I think I kind of knew what I was in for.  I had run a 10k about 15 years and 20 pounds lighter ago.  So now add in a lot of extra years and more weight and I'm feeling it. But I'm so determined to do this thing.


This photo was taken at the gym today 2/9/11.  A friend of mine who lets me bug her about my progress texted me today right before I did my run and said a simple line of encouragement.  "Yay....5 miles here you come" I thought she was completely nuts, because up to this point I haven't been able to get past 3 miles, and I've been at this since the end of December.  Well, as I was running I just kept pushing and trying to stay focused listening to my tunes.  I thought to myself "I just need to prove I can do this" Well, I broke through that brick wall I felt like I was pushing against.  It's interesting to me how a somewhat short, simple word of encouragement can really work on my mental state.  Thank you dear sweet friend of mine for the boost!  I hope I can do this again soon.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay! You are doing great!

Annette Lyon said...

Go, you! Wow!

yvonne said...

I know how hard it is to do this, but YOU CAN DO IT.

My biggest concern is doing my race in Utah where the altitude is a tad different than mine. I sit at 781 feet--and where the race is being held is a mere 4400. I'm sure it will feel different.

Jillian said...

That's honestly something I don't think I've ever done... you're amazing!

Heatherlyn said...

Congratulations on breaking your wall!! Wahoo! And hooray for words of encouragement!!!

Doran & Jody said...

Woot! You can do it. Just remember most of us think that first couple of miles are the hardest. Once you get past those the rest are funner....sort of.

Lara Neves said...

Woo HOO! I'm impressed, and inspired.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I know how that feels, both the breakthrough and the encouraging words. Awesome. Good for you!

Jenny Lynn said...

you rock... I need to fallow your example.