Sunday, December 30, 2012

Remembering and Reflecting on Christmas 2012

This Christmas season is fading. 
The family has been together and truly enjoyed our time remembering our Savior's birth. 
We have played together, laughed together, and cried together.
The meals together have been more than delicious, they have fed our bellies and warmed our hearts. 
Relationships have been bonded and healed, truly what the Savior would desire. 
My sweet Porter is never that far away as long as I reflect and remember and pray for his closeness. 
I know he is happy.
A new grand daughter brings more joy in my life than I could have ever imagined.  
She warms my heart to the very brim.
Lasting friendships with special people I will always treasure are brought to the forefront of my mind.
I love them and appreciate their sweetness to me.
Running has kept me grounded and helped me form new friendships, ones that I hope continue.
It has been a beautiful Christmas and I have a thankful heart for many blessings in my life.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Nice post Susette - sometimes it seems like we focus on only the negative or trials in our lives, but Christmas always seems to remind us of our many blessings. Have a great new year!