Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Running with Lemon Juice, Crisco, and Christmas Lights

I am a visual person and will read blogs with lots of photos.  If I come upon a blog that has no photos it is hard for me to stay focused reading it for very long. I apologize ahead of time if you are like that too because sadly this post will have few photos and you may get bored.  Anyway...

As you know from the previous post I was a little under the weather and I am now getting back to normal feeling and decided to head out today for a decent size run.  I slept in and took my time getting out the door.  I have no commitments today other than I want to put up the Christmas tree and go get my turkey which is thawing in my mother's basement refrigerator.
I got a text from my daughter asking if I had lemon juice and I do so I told her I would run in her direction and bring it to her.  Lucky for me she only lives a mile away.  No big deal running down the road with a bottle of lemon juice in hand right? It may get some strange looks but it was in a bag.  I visited with the cute grand kids and then she realized her Crisco was out of date and she had a bad experience one year making pies with old shortening.  Trust me, don't do it.  
So I told her I would run to the grocery store and get some more for her.  Miles had been throwing up the night before and was still a little sick this morning and Kali didn't need to be taking the kids out.  So I ran to the store which is also only a mile away in a different direction and bought the Crisco and continued my run back to her place.  The Crisco was a little heavier than the lemon juice so I had to keep trading arms.  No big deal though.  I think I got a few strange looks from this though. 

3 miles done so far and feeling good...... 

I got back to her place and delivered the goods and held my cutest little grand daughter for a few minutes and then headed off again.  I desperately need new Christmas lights for the tree and Home Depot was just down the road so I continued on with my run and purchased my lights and now this time I had 2 bags.  The lights were a little larger than the Crisco can and so I had one in each hand as I finished my run on back to home.  This was a little more tricky with a box nestled under each arm pit.  I'm positive I got some strange looks this time.
Good thing I didn't run to my mom's to pick up my turkey.  I KNOW I couldn't have run home with a 20 pound bird in hand.  For sure people would have thought I was KOO-KOO!  I'll have to just drive on over there in a bit.
Total mileage for the day 4.75 miles.  I would say it was a pretty productive morning.  Getting my running legs going again was very much needed and since tomorrow is Thanksgiving I could say that I am definitely thankful for running and how happy it makes me.

What are you thankful for?  Any great Thanksgiving Day running plans? 

5 comments:

Murph said...

That was a great story! Isn’t running amazing!
I have a run tonight and another one tomorrow morning so that I can keep my Ragnar training going, and earn a great calorie deficit before dinner. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Heatherlyn said...

What a great way to start of Thanksgiving! Some days I wish that I lived a mile away from a store and people I love. Other days I'm really glad to be out just a bit in the "country". :) I hope that you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Yo Momma Runs said...

I love that when you say "run to get it," you are actually running. Happy Thanksgiving!

Erica Gorman said...

I absolutely LOVE this! Great job!

Gina Horkey said...

I think that's a great way to do errands/get your run in. I bet pre-runner you would've thought current you was a little kookoo;-)