Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

I don't have much to say other than I think that 1-1-11 looks pretty nice so I wanted to be able to post those numbers.  Oh...and I do need to admit that I went ahead and signed up for the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June, 2011.  I'm scared, excited, crazy, and sore, (cuz I've been trying to run already).  This really is going to be one of the most challenging things I will be attempting this year.  I'm already super frustrated.  I go to the gym and see so many people running on the treadmills like it was no big deal.  They run fast! They run far! They have behinds the size of a toothpick!  Then there's me.  Enough said.  I'll just keep plugging away though and watch for my own small progressions and see what happens.  I may or may not post results.  I'm not sure yet.  I also signed up for another little contest that Heather over at a agoddessinprogress1 is hosting.  If you want to play along too there's still time to join.  It's a good one that will get me on track physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I love contests and I'm such a competitive person so I'm looking forward to participating in that.  January is just a good time of year to get on track right?  
Happy New Year Friends!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Contests are a good way to get us motivated! Here's to a great year for you and your future in running!

Jenny Lynn said...

Way to go, such a great way to start the year off.

Happy New Year!!!

LL said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!
I can't wait to hear of your progress.

LL said...

and in my opinion, you've taken the hardest step...
accepting the challenge. I think it's SO great, and admirable!

Jen said...

That's so great Susette! I'm proud of you. Really. I wish I had that kind of tenacity. There's a great website called RunKeeper.com if you want to keep track on your results and I even think it gives you tips for preparing for a marathon, but I might be mistaken! Sounds like you've got a great goal in site, though. BTW, I changed the domain name on my blog, so I can now be found at www.MyLiveLaughBlog.com. I hope to see you around!

Cynthia said...

You can do it! I'll totally cheer for you (from the figurative sidelines 'cause I'm not running!)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Woohoo, that is so awesome! And I love the 1-1-11!!! I totally did not catch that!

Sandra said...

Congrats on signing up for that half-marathon!
Now I'm off to check out this goddessinprogress competition. You're not the only competitive one in the blogosphere :)

Beth at Aunties said...

GOOD for you! Good luck lady...You rock!!!
I read your tender Christmas poem and wished I would have remembered it at Christmas to share with my next door neighbor and dear friend.
The sentiments are so true I beleive to be true. Just know you are never far from my thoughts.
Happy New Year!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Go, Susette! I am so proud of you. And don't worry about all those fast runners and small behinds...they were beginners once, too. And I bet they would be the first in line to cheer you on!

Mrs. O said...

Yay, Susette! What a great idea, I've got to get back into running - it's I can think, if I'm out long enough. You will love it. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

way to go Susette!!!!
I need to get up to a challenge like that... for real :)

Cancer Mommy said...

HI there,

Just wanted to stop in and tell you I love reading your blog. You have a sweet family, and I am amazed at your strenghth through such a difficult time.
I was just updating my blogroll and added your daughters Kali's blog. You both remind me of my mom and I. You're awesome!
♥Jen

alpinekleins said...

Here's to the New Year Suzette - I'll be here cheering for you! I think you are amazing :)

Kristin

Brenda said...

Happy New Year! Best of luck to you in your Marathon!